December 5, 2016
Season's greetings from our family to yours!
Indiana Cut Stone is the global leader in Indiana limestone fabrication. We offer a range of cut and dressed stone for commercial, residential and public construction projects. Our stone services also include expert stone carvings and perfectly matched replacement limestone for renovation projects.
Design and Construction Criteria
- Pitch coping stones toward the roof to avoid discolorations on the exposed face and walls.
- It is not necessary for backs of stone above a roof-line to be finished.
- Vent attics over porticos to prevent condensation entering the wall and filtering through the joints to the face of the stone.
- Provide washes and drips on projecting stones, with a minimum projection of 13/8 from wall to face including the drip. (See Fig. 2.)
- Do not use stone for concrete forms.
- For economy, design rustication only on one side of a joint. (See Fig. 4.)
- If exposed stone patios occur over a heated room, insulate the ceiling of the room. Warm stones absorb moisture, and a sudden drop in outside air temperature may freeze and crack the stone.
- For economy, maintain return heads the same depth as the normal stone facing thickness. (See Fig. 7.)
- Pierced flashing should be resealed.
- Steel lintels carrying stonework should have ample stiffness to carry total superimposed load with a deflection of the lesser of 1/600 of the clear span or 1/4. Rotation of the lintel due to eccentric load should be considered in determining total deflection.
- Incorporate a 1 minimum clearance between stone and all structural members.
Click here to download a FREE copy of the ILI Handbook
Benjamin Kidd's Medical Fund
A long time employee of Indiana Cut Stone needs your help!
During this season of giving we ask you to give with your hearts and join our fundraising efforts for Benjamin Kidd, son of Kyle Kidd a sawyer for Indiana Cut Stone.
Read more here...
Dec. 23rd: Closing at Noon
Dec. 24th - Jan. 2nd CLOSED
We will resume normal business hours on Jan. 3rd, 2017
Indiana Cut Stone's 20 year Anniversary!
In 2017, Indiana Cut Stone will be celebrating 20 successful years in business! Look for more information about our 20 Year Anniversary Open House for all of our family, friends, and clients in upcoming newsletters!